February & April Vacation Programs - Minds in Motion
Electricity & Magnetmania
learn all about electronics, magnetism, and more in this fun and educational hands-on workshop! Take part in our minds in motion electronic lab and take home your very own circuit kit. With the aid of your instructor, simply follow the colorful pictures in your manual to build up to 100 exciting projects such as a flying saucer, alarm, and doorbell! All parts are mounted on plastic modules and snap together with ease. You will also take part and witness many cool magnetic experiments including making and taking home the world’s simplest motor! Watch electricity being produced by a handheld generator and take part in a cool activity involving a very powerful magnet. Behold a special magnetic top levitating and much more!
Hands On Hydo-Power
come explore the power of water by building models and conducting experiments with your very own hydropower kit! With your renewable energy kit that you keep and take home, you can assemble up to 12 working experiments. Learn how different devices are used to extract useful energy, from a waterwheel in a small stream to a giant turbine in a tidal power station! The full-color, 32-page manual offers illustrated instructions and scientific information. Build a sawmill, and a hammer mill to harness the energy of moving water to do different types of physical work! With your classmates, you will witness and investigate the intriguing properties of water involving surface tension, adhesion, and cohesion. Construct a hydroelectric power station to generate electricity and light an led! Learn where the energy in ocean waves, tides, and rivers comes from, and discover how we can generate electricity from them. Come join in this educational and hands-on hydropower fun!
come experience a hands-on world of fun as you conduct a variety of scientific experiments! You will work on and take home your very own chemistry lab kit completewith test tubes, safety googles, and more! Learn and discover many different scientific concepts in an entertaining and innovative approach. You will be trained to work like a real scientist in the lab. You will also make and take home some cool chemical creations! Learn all about energy and molecules, create a crazy bouncy glob from glue, and some scary green slime! Make your very own UV bracelet and watch it react to the sun. You will also get to witness some amazing scientific demonstrations from your instructor. Watch snow being created and feel how cold it is! Experience a powerful magnet, magic sand, and many other exciting experiments in this fascinating and educational program!
Renewable Energy Kit
assemble up to five different vehicles, three different dinosaurs, and two windmills as you work on and take home your very own renewable energy kit! With the χ in 1 renewable energy kit, you will construct ten animated building options with child friendly parts that function indoors with the use of a hand generator, outdoors with the use of the xl solar panel, and indoors and outdoors with the wind powered led. Developing manual dexterity and building confidence has never been this fun! You will learn three separate renewable energy concepts: hand generator power, solar power, and wind power. With the aid of your instructor, you will utilize the colored instruction manual and work with over 115 pieces to build up to ten exciting models! What is most important, no batteries are required. Indoors or out, this kit operates 100% on renewable energy. With χ in 1 renewable energy kit, the fun never has to end!
Registration and Refund Policies
- Refunds: There will be a $10 processing fee for all refunds/credits and all requests must be made at least 5 business days prior to the start of the program. (There are no refunds for activities that require a uniform or jersey after it is ordered).
- Age Requirement: Participants must be the minimum age for the program on the first scheduled day of class. If the child is registered under the wrong date of birth, they will be cancelled out of the program minus the $10 cancellation fee.
- Proof of Age: A document showing date of birth (birth certificate, passport, physical form or other official document) must be provided for each child when registering for their first program with us.
- Non-Resident Fee: There is a $10 per participant per program surcharge for non-Plymouth residents. (This $10 NR fee is non-refundable unless the Recreation Dept. cancels the program before it starts. If the program runs and is then cancelled the $10 NR is non-refundable. If you withdraw from the program the $10 NR fee is non-refundable and the $10 cancellation fee is still applied)
- Confirmations: Please keep a record of your registration. Confirmations are emailed as soon as your registration is processed; no further confirmations or reminders are provided.
- Registration: Student is only considered registered (and spot reserved) in a program once payment is received. Online registration & payment is the quickest and easiest way to secure a spot in a program. Registration is also accepted in our office and by mail on a first-come first-served basis. SPOTS ARE NOT HELD FOR PROGRAMS UNLESS PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
- Outdoor Programs: Due to any weather cancellations, programs could be scheduled a make class that extends beyond the original end date, or at an indoor location. No refunds or credits will be given for make up dates.
- Cancellations: Due to any cancellations, programs could be scheduled a make class that extends beyond the original end date. No refunds or credits will be given for make up dates
- COVID-19: The Recreation Dept will follow all local and state COVID-19 guidelines. Refunds will not be issued for changing guidelines.