Minds in Motion Vacation Stem Programs
Build and take home your very own CyberCrawler Robot! This smart coding robotics kit entertains and teaches programming skills to inquisitive young future robotic engineers! With the aid of your instructor, you will each assemble your own robot that consists of 76 pieces. Once completed, a simple press-button programming keypad embedded on its cranium will send your CyberCrawler on its way! You can design obstacles and maze courses with your classmates and see how far you can go. With a maximum storage capacity of 64 tasks, your CyberCrawler Robot will be a terrific starter tool to learn the joy of coding! This very cool robot’s LEDs illuminate as it executes whatever you command. Come and join this fascinating and educational robotic experience!
BRIDGES & BUILDINGS
Do you ever wonder how bridges span huge distances and how skyscrapers stay standing? Get ready to get your mind in motion as you work with and take home your very own Bridges and Skyscrapers Set! Learn all about basic structural elements and witness firsthand the forces acting on structural components! With your kit, you can build up to 20 model building experiments that each demonstrate a basic principle of mechanical physics or structural engineering in a hands-on way. Learn about the strength of materials as you compete with your classmate to see who can build the tallest tower using the pieces in this kit! Challenge yourself building different types of bridges such a suspension bridge or cable stayed bridge. Come bring out the architect side of you as you enter the fascinating world of structural engineering and explore the magic of STEM
Build and take home your very own RE/CO Robot! RE/CO robot is a mechanical off-roading adventure! It comes equipped with an infrared sensor and artificial intelligence. Its ability to be controlled wirelessly, and its tank-like tracks, make it perfect for rugged conditions! With the wireless remote control added, RE/CO Robot can access new play modes like storytelling, singing, dancing, and even programming. Students can enjoy guiding it over all sorts of terrain or allow the friendly robot to lead the way, using its infrared sensor to find a clear path in patrol mode. For parents who look to get the most out of their children’s time, RE/CO Robot is a great all in one package! It combines assembling with 106 pieces, STEAM learning with infrared sensors, programming with easy directional commands, and having fun with the freedom of a handy wireless remote control!
If you like to create and build things, this program is for you! Take home your very own engineering kit! You will build up to 8 working models including a material lift, stationary bike, crane bridge, construction crane, and a windmill! With the aid of your instructor and the easy-to-follow manual, you will learn different scientific principles involving pulleys and mechanics. You will also learn about basic circuits as you construct a Maze Challenge, Flying Disc, Turbo Air, and Alarm System with our STEM Lab kit! As future engineers, the STEM lab will teach you how to comprehend a schematic diagram and interpret the flow of electricity. Design your own diagrams and watch your confidence soar as you transform wires, springs, and plastic parts into fully functioning circuits. Come obtain the necessary skills and experience to take on the technological challenges of the future!
*Children who sign up for both AM & PM will have a supervised 30 minute lunch*
Registration and Refund Policies
- Refunds: There will be a $10 processing fee for all refunds/credits and all requests must be made at least 5 business days prior to the start of the program. (There are no refunds for activities that require a uniform or jersey after it is ordered).
- Age Requirement: Participants must be the minimum age for the program on the first scheduled day of class. If the child is registered under the wrong date of birth, they will be cancelled out of the program minus the $10 cancellation fee.
- Proof of Age: A document showing date of birth (birth certificate, passport, physical form or other official document) must be provided for each child when registering for their first program with us.
- Non-Resident Fee: There is a $10 per participant per program surcharge for non-Plymouth residents. (This $10 NR fee is non-refundable unless the Recreation Dept. cancels the program before it starts. If the program runs and is then cancelled the $10 NR is non-refundable. If you withdraw from the program the $10 NR fee is non-refundable and the $10 cancellation fee is still applied)
- Confirmations: Please keep a record of your registration. Confirmations are emailed as soon as your registration is processed; no further confirmations or reminders are provided.
- Registration: Student is only considered registered (and spot reserved) in a program once payment is received. Online registration & payment is the quickest and easiest way to secure a spot in a program. Registration is also accepted in our office and by mail on a first-come first-served basis. SPOTS ARE NOT HELD FOR PROGRAMS UNLESS PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
- Outdoor Programs: Due to any weather cancellations, programs could be scheduled a make class that extends beyond the original end date, or at an indoor location. No refunds or credits will be given for make up dates.
- Cancellations: Due to any cancellations, programs could be scheduled a make class that extends beyond the original end date. No refunds or credits will be given for make up dates
- COVID-19: The Recreation Dept will follow all local and state COVID-19 guidelines. Refunds will not be issued for changing guidelines.