KIDS' TEST KITCHEN TASTE TEST
Kids’ Test Kitchen is on a mission to get young eaters cooking, tasting, and thinking about healthy ingredients! In this special, one-time, 1-hour class, that we call a “Taste Test” we'll work together to prepare one of our favorite KTK recipes – whose key ingredients are known to be really good for us! At the end of class your aspiring chef will receive the main ingredient and the recipe so that they can show off what they’ve learned! Each class arrives with fresh recipes and ideas to inspire your healthy eater!
Kids have food allergies, but they shouldn’t miss out on the fun. We know allergies and can work around them, making sure that everyone is having fun and staying safe. *Please clearly disclose all food allergies and/or dietary restrictions upon registration.
KIDS' TEST KITCHEN
Kids’ Test Kitchen is on a mission to get young eaters cooking, tasting, and thinking about healthy ingredients! Let’s continue to redefine kid food; one lesson, and one child at a time! Each class presents students with an opportunity to explore new or familiar foods in their raw, unmanipulated state. Then, working as a team, we’ll slice, dice, peel, measure, and cook until we’ve prepared the finished dish. Lessons are planned to celebrate seasonal produce as much as possible. Spring brings longer, busier days! Let the kids help plan and prep dinner – we’ll work to boost their confidence in the kitchen so you can enjoy meal prep together, or maybe – maybe – you can step aside and watch! At the end of class your aspiring chef will receive the main ingredient, or a sample of the finished dish, and the recipe so that they can show off what they’ve learned! Even the most reluctant eaters enjoy KTK, where participation is expected, but tasting is always optional. Kids have food allergies, but they shouldn’t miss out on the fun. We know allergies and can work around them, making sure that everyone is having fun and staying safe. *Please clearly disclose all food allergies and/or dietary restrictions upon registration.
SPRING session: Edamame Salad, Ener-Cheese, Asian Inspired Broccoli, Super Spear & Orange Stir-fry, Skillet Pizza with Veggies, Green Smoothie
Registration and Refund Policies
- Refunds: There will be a $10 processing fee for all refunds/credits and all requests must be made at least 5 business days prior to the start of the program. (There are no refunds for activities that require a uniform or jersey after it is ordered).
- Age Requirement: Participants must be the minimum age for the program on the first scheduled day of class.
- Proof of Age: A document showing date of birth (birth certificate, passport, physical form or other official document) must be provided for each child when registering for their first program with us.
- Non-Resident Fee: There is a $10 per participant per program surcharge for non-Plymouth residents. (This $10 NR fee is non-refundable unless the Recreation Dept. cancels the program before it starts. If the program runs and is then cancelled the $10 NR is non-refundable. If you withdraw from the program the $10 NR fee is non-refundable and the $10 cancellation fee is still applied)
- Confirmations: Please keep a record of your registration. Confirmations are emailed as soon as your registration is processed; no further confirmations or reminders are provided.
- Registration: Student is only considered registered (and spot reserved) in a program once payment is received. Online registration & payment is the quickest and easiest way to secure a spot in a program. Registration is also accepted in our office and by mail on a first-come first-served basis. SPOTS ARE NOT HELD FOR PROGRAMS UNLESS PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
- Outdoor Programs: Due to any weather cancellations, programs could be scheduled a make class that extends beyond the original end date, or at an indoor location. No refunds or credits will be given for make up dates.
- Cancellations: Due to any cancellations, programs could be scheduled a make class that extends beyond the original end date. No refunds or credits will be given for make up dates
- COVID-19: The Recreation Dept will follow all local and state COVID-19 guidelines. Refunds will not be issued for changing guidelines.