Meryl’s Music Class is 45 minutes of singing, dancing, instrument play and chants. This is a mixed ages class from 1 to 5 years so families can all attend together without having to get childcare for one of the kids. Research has shown that music learning supports all areas of learning and informal, developmentally appropriate music activities are the best way for children under 6 to gain basic music competence! Parent participation is required.
Includes a full length CD of all the music we will be experiencing during the class.
* Infant siblings (under 11 months) come for free with a paid child*
**Please note that at this time instruments will not be brought by the instructor.
Participants can bring their own instruments or purchase an instrument kit for $30 from the instructor for class.
1) Something to shake (small container with rice, beans, dry pasta)
2) Something that clicks when tapped together (wooden spoons, dowels, blocks)
3) Something flow-ey to dance with (scarf, pillowcase, silk ribbons, handkerchief)
4) Something that dings (bells of any sort, metal bowl or water bottle to strike)
5) Something to snuggle (stuffed animal)
6) Kitchen "drums" or other things to strike for the play along (Tupperware, recycled containers of different shapes and sizes)
My set has: 2 egg shakers, 2 sets of rhythm sticks, 2 scarves, a ribbon streamer, a wrist jingle bell in a reusable shopping bag.
**It's important that the adults have things to play as well, so not just one of everything for the child.
A purchased kit will include: 2 egg shakers, 2 sets of rhythm sticks, 2 scarves, a ribbon streamer, a wrist jingle bell in a reusable shopping bag. Kits can be purchased the first day of class with the instructor.
COVID 19 INFO
-Effective 2/23 the Board of Health voted to make masks OPTIONAL in all town buildings. If this policy changes before class starts or during the session we will make an updated announcement.
-Children must be able to stay on their families blanket for the duration of class. There will not be any running around allowed.
-Adults participating must be able to sit on the floor with their child and quickly get up if their child runs off their blanket.
-Everyone registered will need to bring their own blanket to designate their spot to sit on for the duration of class
-Sanitizer stations will be available