Counselor in Training (CIT) Program
This program is for individuals too old for our Half-Day program, but too young to have a job yet.
Through this program, individuals will be given the opportunity to work closely with our half-day program staff learning the ropes of the program. This programs is perfect for individuals who will be looking for a job working with children or working at another camp when they are old enough.
The CIT will stay with their assigned group for the summer and will learn how to instruct different activities (soccer, basketball, baseball, tennis, playground, arts & crafts, street hockey, etc) so they get a feel for what each counselor does with their groups.
*The program will be cancelled if it is raining or if the facility is unsafe from weather*
The program is limited to 16 kids.
Each individual applying to be a CIT must obtain 2 letters of recommendation from a coach, teacher, neighbor, etc. stating why he/she would be a good fit for the program. (We ask that the letters are not from a parent.)
*If you are a returning CIT we do not need new letter of recommendations* Once we receive the letters, we will begin setting up interview meetings to talk to the kids about the position.
CIT's must be available 3 of the 6 weeks of our half-day program.
Individuals interested in becoming a CIT should contact Catherine Calabro email@example.com or 508-747-1620 x10196 to find out more information.
Registration & Refund Information
- Refunds: There will be a $10 processing fee for all refunds/credits and all requests must be made at least 5 business days prior to the start of the program. (There are no refunds for activities that require a uniform or jersey after it is ordered).
- Age Requirement: Participants must be the minimum age for the program on the first scheduled day of class.
- Proof of Age: A document showing date of birth (birth certificate, passport, physical form or other official document) must be provided for each child when registering for their first program with us.
- Non-Resident Fee: There is a $10 per participant per program surcharge for non-Plymouth residents. (This $10 NR fee is non-refundable unless the Recreation Dept. cancels the program before it starts. If the program runs and is then cancelled the $10 NR is non-refundable. If you withdraw from the program the $10 NR fee is non-refundable and the $10 cancellation fee is still applied)
- Confirmations: Please keep a record of your registration. Confirmations are emailed as soon as your registration is processed; no further confirmations or reminders are provided.
- Registration: Student is only considered registered (and spot reserved) in a program once payment is received. Online registration & payment is the quickest and easiest way to secure a spot in a program. Registration is also accepted in our office and by mail on a first-come first-served basis. SPOTS ARE NOT HELD FOR PROGRAMS UNLESS PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
- Outdoor Programs: Due to any weather cancellations, programs could be scheduled a make class that extends beyond the original end date, or at an indoor location. No refunds or credits will be given for make up dates.
- Cancellations: Due to any cancellations, programs could be scheduled a make class that extends beyond the original end date. No refunds or credits will be given for make up dates
- COVID-19: The Recreation Dept will follow all local and state COVID-19 guidelines. Refunds will not be issued for changing guidelines.